Thursday, November 29, 2007

Semester = Done

I have just sent off my final paper of the semester. My hands are shaking (though probably not from excitement but from a caffeine overload). I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that I have easily wrote close to two hundred pages this semester. So, with that final email, I have completed four more classes in my Masters and am on track to finish in one more semester.

So as I sit here on my workout ball trying to improve my posture, I cannot help but let my mind race to what I need to do next. Yet, I am also trying to bask in the moment and realize I am done. Deep breath.

We are starting to become obsessed with thoughts of flying home. We are playing Monopoly late into the nights, listening to Christmas music. I have yet to win a game which is a bit sad. The list of things we need to do before leaving is slowly dwindling...shots for Paraguay, a haircut, contacts, babysitters for Sam, gift buying. It is exciting. The freakin' bureaucratic details for us to be here are sometimes overwhelming with yesterday being no exception as there was a panic our travel signatures were not being approved.

So I am now going to relax and try to watch the show Private Practice online as I eat my tuna/apples mixture on toast for lunch. I tutor later today for two hours but for now I am going to force myself to de-stress .

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congrats Amber! You are truly inspiring with all that you are accomplishing.

Hopefully we can meet up in Calgary if it works out..we both can't wait to see you and Stephen! We still have such good memories from our summer trip. :)

Talk to you soon!