Friday, March 07, 2008

West Virginia

I am back from West Virgina. It was successful as the assessment fort he grants went extremely well and I got to spend three full days in the Head Start Program that I am researching for my Master's thesis. I wanted to take a few pictures but I had little time to find really cool spots. Next time I am going to a cute little coffee shop I saw. So, my pictures are pretty reflected of the work I did but they will give you a bit of an idea of where I was.



We drove this time, making the 10 hour drive in a blue Prius. I got to drive a lot and it was a pleasure to drive this car. Someday I will own a hybrid.



This is Romney, WV. It actually has a very nice downtown (that is where the coffee shop is.) It is also home to WV's school for the blind. However, we were on the outskirts most of the time and this picture is kind of reflective of what many of the small communities look like.



This is the road to the school that I am at. Again, a lot of roads look like this. Windy, going up and down hills. No cell phone reception in these areas and no reading in the back seat without wanting to vomit. Very beautiful. I am excited to go in May and see Spring.



This is the playground of the school.



This is the school. It holds three Head Start classrooms.

Good trip, extremely nice people. However, it is good to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber - I can't believe that you're researching Head Start programs!! I would love to talk to you about your research. I have a dream of running a head start program for at-risk immigrants/refugees in my area.

*Learn, Love, Travel, Live* said...

i love your pictures!! your trips are so much fun!