Sunday, April 13, 2008

Feist



Feist came to town on Friday night and I happily went with a friend. Creative, anti-star, and a Canadian. She talked about knowing how she was south of Canada and somewhere in the midwest of the States. I can relate to trying to figure out where Indiana was.

She did some beautiful shadow art with a screen and on the backdrop of the stage. I took pictures but they did not do the beauty justice. The pictures are exactly what I saw, but are taken from Feist's fan site, http://www.listentofeist.com/



2 comments:

Hillary said...

I love Feist. And I loved her concert. Glad you could enjoy her music too.

tman said...

Hey Amber.... I would've emailed you, but I don't think I have contacts for you and Stephen. Anyway, I'm reading a fascinating book called The Brain that Changes Itself by Norman Doidge about neuroplasticity... pretty cool stuff and very interesting for teachers, especially those teaching students with learning disabilities. One of the chapters is about Barbara Arrowsmith and her school. I looked it up and was pretty interested in this video on the site: http://www.arrowsmithschool.org/video-broadband.htm

The book tells more. If theories of neuroplasticity are correct, maybe we are doing students with learning difficulties a disservice by providing compensation techniques (readers, scribes, etc.) rather than training the brain to develop.

Perhaps the idea of neuroplasticity is old news to you, but it's all new and very interesting to me. Does this type of research come up in your studies at all? Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think. I highly recommend the book (so far) as a very fascinating read... tavisnewman@gmail.com